Today I wanted to quickly show you my everyday makeup routine. It is a super easy, super natural/neutral look that goes great with any outfit.Read More
Can I get a WOOP WOOP! Seriously though guys, I'm on a roll with these videos! HAHA
So as many of you know I dyed my hair purple recently. If you didn't see my Snaps/Instastory (...I see how it is....) then you would of missed me talking about how I wanted to go silver ever since I had a dream where my hair was silver. Anyways, wouldn't you know it but the universe a couple weeks later would sent me some L'Oreal Colorista - now that's freaking serendipitous if you ask me. Next thing I know I'm dying my hair, at home, by myself with absolutely no experience. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS I DID THIS ALL BY MYSELF!
In this video I share with you a couple really good tips and tricks on how to do this at home. Make sure to take your time, half the work when coloring your hair is prep so be patience. I'm also going to list a bunch of good tips below for you so make sure to check those out.
If for some reason you thought this was going to be another makeup tutorial you are sadly mistaken my friend but fret not, here is one of my recent previous video -> 'Mauve Glitter Cay Eye Makeup Tutorial!'
Although ONE Instagram post for this L'Oreal Colorista campaign was sponsored this video was certainly NOT. I am not getting paid for this video however once I posted the sponsored photo everyone asked me how I did it and well lets just say I'm glad I filmed my process.
I also just wanted to remind you to subscribe to my channel and follow me on my social handles if you aren't already! When you follow me I know I am dong a good job and will be more amped up to produce more videos for you!
Alright lets do this!
Products I Used in This Tutorial:
L'Oreal Colorista in Icy Blue, Indigo and Purple (3 Colours Total all 'Cool Tones')
- each box comes with a brush for application and a couple sets of gloves!
You Will Also Need:
- A t-shirt you don't care about
- A towel to sit on so you dont stain your chair!
- A hair brush
- A hair sectioning comb
- Small plastic elastics
- Bowls covered with a plastic bags (I used three - one for each colour)
TIPS AND TRICKS!
- If you zigzag the top section you will be able to see the colours underneath better and it wont be so stark on top and obviously one color.
- These colours in particular are made for blonde hair which is why it showed up more prominent on the areas that were previously blonde so make sure you have good colours for your hair colour.
- I did a test the night before at the back of my neck to see if I liked all three colours together before I started.
- Make sure the sections at the front of your face are symmetrical and that the colours you use for the front piece horizontal from each other are the same all the way up.
- After the 30 minutes is up and it's time to wash out the dye use only shampoo, conditioner will make the colour fade out faster.
- If you dont want it as dark then alternatively use conditioner when you wash you hair so that the colour will fade out more.
If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments below along with any tutorial request you may have! That's it for today and i'll see you guys again soon!
This video is a makeup tutorial for a makeup look I did using my Tartelette In Bloom palette. I also just want to say I am not an affiliate of any of these makeup companies I just really like these products!
ALSO DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!!!
Follow Soheila Online on Twitter: @SoheilaOnline
Follow Soheila Online on Instagram: @SoheilaOnline
Like Soheila Online on Facebook: @Soheila
Or check me out on Snap Chat: soheilahakim
List of items I used in this video with links:
Mac 195 Concealer Brush - $30
Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot – Painterly - $26
Mac 217 Blending Brush - $30
Luxie 231 Small Tapared Blending Brush - $12
Sephora Flat Shadow Brush - $25
Tartelette In Bloom Palette - $54
- Smarty Pants
- Funny Girl*
Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner – Mad Max Brown - $23
Beauty Blender - $28
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation – 110 Porcelain - $6.96
L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation – 103 Natural Buff - $16.96
Maybelline Fit Concealer- 10 Light - $6.96
Maybelline Fit Concealer- 30 Café - $6.96
Real Techniques – Setting Brush - $7.97
Laura Mercier Translucent Powder - $47
Real Techniques – 100 Brush - $26
Too Faced – Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer- $42
Mac 109 Small Contour Brush - $42
Real Techniques – Sculpting Brush - $13.97
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit - $40
Morphe MB33 Fan Brush* - $12.99
Anastasia Beverly Hills – So Hollywood Illuminator - $28
NYX Micro Brow Pencil – Ash Brown - $12
Benefits Cosmetics Gimmie Brow – Light/Medium -$30
Mac – 129 Blush Brush - $42
Tarte Cosmetics Blush – Shimmering Peach - $31
Skone – Smudger Bru - $15
Mac 212 Flat Definer Brush - $30
Jose Maran Liquid Eye Shadow- Playa Del Pink - $23
Mac Pro Longwear Eye Liner- Black Ice - $24
Mac Fix + Spray - $12
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
Colour Pop Cosmetics – Lip Liner in the color Skimpy - $5
NYX Matt Lip Cream – Cairo - $9
NYX Butter Gloss – Creme Brulee - $8
* When I sprites things its just with a spray bottle I filled with water!!!
I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below! If you have any questions i'll try to answer them as best as possible! Happy Easter weekend everyone :)