Can I get a WOOP WOOP! Seriously though guys, I'm on a roll with these videos! HAHA
So as many of you know I dyed my hair purple recently. If you didn't see my Snaps/Instastory (...I see how it is....) then you would of missed me talking about how I wanted to go silver ever since I had a dream where my hair was silver. Anyways, wouldn't you know it but the universe a couple weeks later would sent me some L'Oreal Colorista - now that's freaking serendipitous if you ask me. Next thing I know I'm dying my hair, at home, by myself with absolutely no experience. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS I DID THIS ALL BY MYSELF!
In this video I share with you a couple really good tips and tricks on how to do this at home. Make sure to take your time, half the work when coloring your hair is prep so be patience. I'm also going to list a bunch of good tips below for you so make sure to check those out.
If for some reason you thought this was going to be another makeup tutorial you are sadly mistaken my friend but fret not, here is one of my recent previous video -> 'Mauve Glitter Cay Eye Makeup Tutorial!'
Although ONE Instagram post for this L'Oreal Colorista campaign was sponsored this video was certainly NOT. I am not getting paid for this video however once I posted the sponsored photo everyone asked me how I did it and well lets just say I'm glad I filmed my process.
I also just wanted to remind you to subscribe to my channel and follow me on my social handles if you aren't already! When you follow me I know I am dong a good job and will be more amped up to produce more videos for you!
Alright lets do this!
Products I Used in This Tutorial:
L'Oreal Colorista in Icy Blue, Indigo and Purple (3 Colours Total all 'Cool Tones')
- each box comes with a brush for application and a couple sets of gloves!
You Will Also Need:
- A t-shirt you don't care about
- A towel to sit on so you dont stain your chair!
- A hair brush
- A hair sectioning comb
- Small plastic elastics
- Bowls covered with a plastic bags (I used three - one for each colour)
TIPS AND TRICKS!
- If you zigzag the top section you will be able to see the colours underneath better and it wont be so stark on top and obviously one color.
- These colours in particular are made for blonde hair which is why it showed up more prominent on the areas that were previously blonde so make sure you have good colours for your hair colour.
- I did a test the night before at the back of my neck to see if I liked all three colours together before I started.
- Make sure the sections at the front of your face are symmetrical and that the colours you use for the front piece horizontal from each other are the same all the way up.
- After the 30 minutes is up and it's time to wash out the dye use only shampoo, conditioner will make the colour fade out faster.
- If you dont want it as dark then alternatively use conditioner when you wash you hair so that the colour will fade out more.
If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments below along with any tutorial request you may have! That's it for today and i'll see you guys again soon!