Did you know that I am a travel points master?
When it comes to collecting travel points and maximizing every dollar that I spend, I’m an absolute all-star!
In the last two years alone I have earned and redeemed enough points to attend two friends weddings, go to Europe with Adam, and fly to Las Vegas for my friends bachelorette party. With all that travelling, using points to cover my flights definitely helped shave off a substantial amount of out of pocket expenses I would have otherwise incurred. Being the savvy travel points collector that I am, when I heard about all the benefits of the HSBC +Rewards Mastercard I couldn’t help but get super excited! Want to know why?
Here are 5 SOLID reasons why I’ll be jumping to sign up:
1. 2x the points on every dollar I spend on dining and entertainment - currently I don’t get this with my primary card and it sucks. As someone who doesn’t usually leave the house unless its to check out a new restaurants and grab dinner with friends, or go out on date nights to the movies with Adam, most of my expenses are definitely spent on these two categories. The fact that I can now maximize every dollar that I spend and continue to hang out more with my friends makes getting this card a no brainer!
2. I can use my points to redeem on travel (no restrictions or black-out dates) - Unlike most travel credit cards that utilize rewards systems like Aeroplane or AirMiles, this reward system gives you more flexibility! I can go on a trip when I want, where I want, and don’t have to worry about any black-out periods or whether the airline even flies to that specific destination. I just have to go online, book the easiest route with whatever airline I want, and get packing! It doesn’t just stop there though, you can also redeem points against a car rental, hotel stay or even a train ticket!!
3. It has a low annual fee of $25! - This is definitely unheard of when it comes to travel credit cards with good points systems. Believe me, I’ve looked!! Two years ago I got so frustrated with my current card because I was paying an annual fee of $150! Sure, travel medical, trip cancellation and all that was including but still, now comparing my current primary card with the HSBC +Rewards Mastercard I feel slightly ripped off given how often I DON’T use those benefits.
4. You can add Emergency Travel Medical Insurance and coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Baggage Delay or Loss for $69/year - even with the cost of adding this on to the HSBC +Rewards Mastercard I am way better off than I am with my current primary card, and if you travel as much as I do for work it’s better to have it and be safe than sorry. Furthermore, in the past I have purchased travel insurance from a provider not associated with my credit card and it wasn’t much cheaper than this, nor did it last an entire year. So once again, the HSBC +Reward Mastercard is just the most viable option.
5. You get 5000 bonus miles for signing up before Oct 31/19 - who doesn’t want free points!? Another no brainer if you ask me. When it comes to using your points you also don’t have to spend it all on travel, in fact there are many ways you can redeem points like redeeming towards your HSBC mortgage, on your credit card or your savings account! Want some new clothes for an upcoming trip or maybe a new camera? You can pick from a list of retailers and gift cards available via the HSBC +Rewards program and use your points the way you want! The possibilities are truly endless.
So there you have it, 5 solid reasons why the HSBC +Rewards Mastercard is an amazing travel credit card and why it will be a no brainer for a travel junkie like me to make the jump! Who’s with me?!
Although this post has been generously sponsored by “HSBC”, the opinions and language are my own, and in no way do they reflect “HSBC”.